This beautiful 40th anniversary box set, made with the full co-operation of Eric Woolfson’s family and Alan Parsons, is a landmark release for the album that launched the Project. There is also a stand-alone version of the Bluray to purchase. Both the box set and Blu-ray will be released 2nd December 2016.
The box set includes:
– A 60 page book on the making of the album
– Replica 1976 press kit
– Original album poster
– Tape-man sticker
– The original album presented for the first time ever in a 5.1 surround sound mix (Bluray) from the original multi-tracks mastered by Alan Parsons at Capitol Studios, LA
– 2-LP set of the original 1976 recording, half speed mastered by Miles Showell at Abbey Road, March 2016
– 3 CDs (the 1976 original mix, the 1987 remix, both with the Deluxe bonus tracks, plus a whole CD of over 70 minutes of previously unreleased bonus material)
– Stunning 60-page coffee table book with photographs and new interviews about the making of the album
The 2CD package includes the re-mastered original album, 17 previously unreleased bonus tracks (including Eric Woolfson’s songwriting diary home demos), 10 bonus tracks and a new 20 page booklet with lyrics, notes on the making of the album and rare photos.
The Digital version of the Deluxe album and a limited Edition vinyl 7” of three single edits is being released as well.
APP albums are now being released on vinyl in original gatefold designed sleeves, 180gram (see Music on Vinyl). I Robot, Pyramid and Eve are already available. Eye in the Sky and Turn of a Friendly Card are being released in the next few months. Available through good on-line retailers including Amazon.
For the first time in many years, the piano/ vocal/ guitar sheet music for all the songs from 6 APP albums are now available to purchase in digital format from Sheet Music Direct. All songs from the albums I Robot, Eve, Eye in the Sky, Vulture Culture, Stereotomy and Gaudi are now available. The remaining albums will hopefully follow soon.
There is also an Essential APP Sheet Music Folio containing 17 songs which can be purchased through the APP Website Shop.
The new Eric Woolfson sings The Alan Parsons Project That Never Was’ album is now available to purchase from the Official APP Store. If you purchase the physical album, you will get a free download of the digital album while you wait for it to arrive.