- 3 CDs (the original album plus expanded bonus tracks, a whole disc of Eric’s never before released songwriting diaries, plus a bonus disc of previously unreleased material from the recording sessions)
- 2-LP set, half speed mastered by Miles Showell at Abbey Road
- 5.1 surround Bluray and HD version of the album, mastered by Alan Parsons
- Stunning 60 page book on the making of the album (including previously unreleased material and interviews with many of the musicians)
- Poster, postcard and promo Flexidisc recreated from original items used to promote the album on its release in 1982
This beautiful 40th anniversary box set, made with the full co-operation of Eric Woolfson’s family and Alan Parsons, is a landmark release for the album that launched the Project. There is also a stand-alone version of the Bluray to purchase. Both the box set and Blu-ray will be released 2nd December 2016.
The box set includes:
- – A 60 page book on the making of the album
- – Replica 1976 press kit
- – Original album poster
- – Tape-man sticker
- – The original album presented for the first time ever in a 5.1 surround sound mix (Bluray) from the original multi-tracks mastered by Alan Parsons at Capitol Studios, LA
- – 2-LP set of the original 1976 recording, half speed mastered by Miles Showell at Abbey Road, March 2016
- – 3 CDs (the 1976 original mix, the 1987 remix, both with the Deluxe bonus tracks, plus a whole CD of over 70 minutes of previously unreleased bonus material)
- – Stunning 60-page coffee table book with photographs and new interviews about the making of the album
The Turn of a Friendly Card Deluxe 35th Anniversary Edition has been released!
The 2CD package includes the re-mastered original album, 17 previously unreleased bonus tracks (including Eric Woolfson’s songwriting diary home demos), 10 bonus tracks and a new 20 page booklet with lyrics, notes on the making of the album and rare photos.
The Digital version of the Deluxe album and a limited Edition vinyl 7” of three single edits is being released as well.
APP albums are now being released on vinyl in original gatefold designed sleeves, 180gram (see Music on Vinyl). I Robot, Pyramid and Eve are already available. Eye in the Sky and Turn of a Friendly Card are being released in the next few months. Available through good on-line retailers including Amazon.
Eric Woolfson (Creator, songwriter, lyricist and lead singer of the Alan Parsons Project) died from kidney cancer in the early hours of 2nd December 2009.
Hundreds of people have been leaving comments about what his work has meant to them and messages of condolence on the Eric Woolfson Facebook Page.
There have been obituaries in newspaper all over the world but here are a few we thought we should highlight:
The Abbey Road world premiere showcase of Eric Woolfson’s POE musical is now available to purchase on DVD through the Official APP Store. Now available in both PAL and NTSC format!
The first official APP T-shirt and Poster have just been released and are now available to purchase exclusively through the APP website shop.
We have just launched an Eric Woolfson’s Facebook Page where we will be posting regular updates, old photos and tidbits about Eric’s work and the Alan Parsons Project.
For the first time in many years, the piano/ vocal/ guitar sheet music for all the songs from 6 APP albums are now available to purchase in digital format from Sheet Music Direct. All songs from the albums I Robot, Eve, Eye in the Sky, Vulture Culture, Stereotomy and Gaudi are now available. The remaining albums will hopefully follow soon.
There is also an Essential APP Sheet Music Folio containing 17 songs which can be purchased through the APP Website Shop.